Saturday, July 9, 2011

third day of chemo - fun beginning

I am now beginning to feel the adverse affects of the chemo.

No vomiting yet but the stomach is roiling around and my desire to eat has gone down the toilet, so to speak.

Trying not to think about it too much so I don't psych myself into it.

I can easily see it beginning without too much effort.

The nurse came in and could see I was miserable and green around the gills.

They put me on ativan to help control the nausea.. It helps but it is making me sleepy. no big surprise there since ativan is also a sleep aid.

3 comments:

  1. I think I'd prefer sleepiness to nausea myself. Take care, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if you were there, you could see Andy was not feeling well at all. Brought the boy and the girls to visit with him briefly; in spite of the roiling/boiling of the stomach I think he was happy to see them and get their hugs. The girls made him something to pin up on the cork board to look at now and again. Ice water helps a little bit but the ativan and rest might go a long way towards making you feel better Andy. It was hard leaving you. On another note, your son was charming the room full of ladies in the waiting room while you and I visited. Jen and Lauren didn't have to lift a finger because he was on his cutest behavior. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having the kids come up was really nice. Doing video chat works but there is no connection. Ben was really overwhelmed with all he saw. When he touched me, it was almost like Daddy wasnt real. Hugs and kisses from all involved made it a nice visit. Hope to have it done again soon.

    ReplyDelete