Thursday, June 7, 2012

Physical Therapy and a few odd bits

Finally heard back from my physical therapy place this morning.  They were able to get authorization from my insurance company so we start later this week. I don't understand why it took so long to turn this around but I guess progress is progress.

On a more immediate note, a new behavior has reared its head over the last few days. I am not sure if this GVHD related or not but I have been waking up with my eyes encrusted. It is almost reminiscent of what you get with pink eye but I don't have that. The eyes are dry but clear.  I sent a message to my nurse practitioner on it so we will see what we see.

I also asked about whether I can stop taking the neurontin. I started it to help with the pain but I am no longer sure it did me any good. The only thing that has kill the pain is the prednisone. Here is to hoping the nurse practitioner or my doctor say yes on stopping. It would mean six less pills for the day which is nothing to sneeze at.

No comments:

Post a Comment