Wednesday, June 20, 2012

PT today - ow

I went for my first physical therapy session today.

The therapist, lets call her Olga, seems to have been in an unusually enthusiastic mood today. 

With a smile on her face and an over abundance of zeal, Olga proceeded to turn me into my lower back and legs into pretzels.

Olga flipped into high speed on the calves while be-bopping to the piped techno/dance music.

 Thankfully someone changed the radio station to something more reasonable. :)

People. Katie Perry does not equal quality music. Just say no.:)

The strength exercises were a piece of cake but the stretches were something else entirely.

I had no idea that much movement range had been lost from essentially being under house arrest so long!

For anyone stuck in the hospital and then home for an extended period of time, stretching is clearly a must so get to it. It will help speed recovery and reduce joint pain.

Having this done is a good thing and I'll be doing the practice exercises religiously to get back to range.




2 comments:

  1. Well, it’s certainly a good thing you caught her in a good mood that day! If she continues to have that positive mood every day, then she will definitely be able to do better in her work. Also, she clearly knows what she’s doing, seeing how she started your session with some stretching activities for your body to warm-up and be ready for more exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you described the activity that your therapists asked you to do. So, she turned you into pretzels, huh? Haha! I laughed as I really imagined that! :p Anyhow, four months have passed. I hope that you’re fine now. Even if you’ve fully recovered, you must still continue with your exercises so that you can keep your body in great condition.

    Sienna Christie

    ReplyDelete