Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dana Farber visit today and the news is great

I met with my doctor at Dana Farber today and things couldn't have gone better.

Blood levels continue to remain at normal levels which is fantastic but what's even better is that the eosinophil levels have gone from a staggering 18 down to 0.

Being on the prednisone really has helped as far as the GVHD, skin constriction problems, and overall pain.

Side effects of it have been puffiness and an increase in irritability but that's to be expected from a steroid.

They have decided to lower my dosage of prednisone with the goal of slowly pulling me off of it but there is a chance the joint pain will come back as they do.

Hopefully a nice balance can be found somewhere on dosages versus pain.

On the up side, I have been cleared so I no longer have to wear a mask and gloves all the time.

They are still necessary for at-risk crowded areas but I that is a judgement thing.

I can also now go to a restaurant and actually sit to eat.

Up till now,  I have been restricted to ordering in so this is a nice treat.

I had hoped they would take me off the neurontin but they don't want to make too many medication changes at the same time.

This will be re-evaluated when I see the doctors again on July 10th.

I am also scheduled to get my next set of immunizations at that time which is very cool.

This was a very good visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment