Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Todays visit at Dana Farber had a surprise

Today was my monthly visit at Dana Farber for levels checks and so forth. All the counts continue to be strong.

WBC: 8.4
RBC: 4.23
Hematocrit 41.8
Platelet: 192

EO counts are still high which could indicate I am bound for a chronic GVHD hit but I am hopeful.

What was really cool was I got my first series of immunizations today.

These were the Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (HIB), Pneumococcal Conjugate, and the Diptheria Tetnus and Pertussis.

Side effects from these should be minimal because my immune system is still impaired.

Another set of immunizations will be done at the 1 yr mark and then again at the 15 month mark.

As time goes on and the immune system builds, my reactions to the vaccinations will become more pronounced.

Something to look forward to I guess.

On the upside, this is a nice indication that things are beginning their return to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment