Monday, April 2, 2012

Back in the hospital

Sunday evening,  I got very cold to the point of shivering and clacking teeth. I tried a hot shower to boost my core temp but that didnt work. Shortly after that, extreme nausea set in. Not to be gross but I threw up which seems to have helped clear the nausea but my temperature spiked at 103.4. We called my doctor at Dana Farber and he had us go to our local hospital for cultures and an x-ray. They didn't do much more than give me tylenol and send me home. I spoke to my doctor at Dana Farber this morning and she said to get admitted..  Now.  Considering my condition, she feels this can go from bad to worse in a heart beat so it is best to come in to be checked out.. I will be having another x-ray and set of cultures done. They will also be putting me on an antibiotic mix to head-off anything. The plan is I will be staying overnight. Glad I thought ahead to bring spare clothes and stuff. Right now I am in a "flow" room. Shortly I am to be moved to the same tower I was in when I had the chemo and stem cell transplant. Yee haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment