Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today's visit to Dana Farber

The visit was largely uneventful. Levels are still on the rise but the increase is beginning to slow down now that normal range is approaching. GVHD is under control and only lightly showing on the back. My nails still look like hell but it was explained as swollen nail beds. It will eventually sort itself out in time.

The big issue of joint pain is being deferred to the rhuematologist like I expected. The reasons for having joint pain with MDS have been removed so its source is something else we need to find. The rhuematologist will have to consult with Dana Farber for any medications because we dont want them to interfere with my recovery. A favored drug they use is methotrexate which would lower my counts..

All in all not too bad and pretty much what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment