Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rheumatology visit

The visit was about what I expected. The doctor checked the joints but my large hands make detecting swelling difficult. Hip movement in certain ranges is restricted which would explain the pain there. The problem is they cant tell right now if the pain is due to wear and tear or inflammation. I had x-rays done of the hands and that should reveal inflammation if it exists. If it isn't there, then we are likely looking at a form of osteoarthritis. If that is the case, then the best I can hope for is treatment for the pain. I wont see the doctor again until May which I am not happy about. I plan on calling them in a week or two since the x-rays would undoubtedly have been reviewed by then. Maybe i can arrange to get in earlier. The pain is pretty rough even on the best of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment