Friday, August 19, 2011

Today's Dana Farber visit

The levels are continuing to improve.


White Blood Cell Count   : 7.5      Reference Range: 3.8 to 9.2
Hematocrit Count          : 35.5    Reference Range: 38.4 to 48.2     (currently low)
Platelet Count              : 138     Reference Range:  155 to 419      (currently low)


My hands continue to tremor pretty intensely. A good object lesson on this was that I had a really hard time putting toothpaste on my toothbrush. Wow.. Practically had to pin my arms to my chest to make progress. The tremors are a side effect of one of my meds and should go away once I'm done with them. Of course, that will take about a month and the tremors are likely to get stronger. 


The all-around itchiness and intense joint pain are apparently precursors to graft versus host disease. I have oxycodone for the pain and, bless her, the nurse supplied me with better meds for the itches. Using steroids to alleviate the problems was discussed but it is dangerous to do this close to my transplant date.Out of all this, the itch is the worst!



No comments:

Post a Comment