Friday, August 26, 2011

Dana Farber visit of the week

Went in for the usual blood draw and a visit with the nurse practitioner.

I don't have the exact counts in front of me but they are looking very good according to the nurse.

She apologized regarding the hand tremors but re-affirmed that my immuno-suppression drug tacrolimus was the source. We wont be looking to get off that until at least my 100th day post transplant.

The cuticles on each nail are starting to hyper-pigment to the point they are turning black.Nurse says the nails  could remain black a very long time and that it is even possible to lose the nails. Lovely.

There is concern about Graft Versus Host Disease and my joint pain. If one of the blood levels comes back high, I may get steroids to help.

My doctor decided to not do steroids last week but may change his mind based on this weeks number.

Should know later today.. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment