Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pain .. its whats for dinner

and breakfast, and lunch.

What started my even getting diagnosed with MDS was I thought I had arthritis. Getting older I guess but best to check it out. The counts alarmed my primary care and off we started into the wonderful world of oncology.

Every time I would go in to see the oncologist, Id say "my hands really hurt and it is now in place X" or "it is still in my hands but it is now moving between X and Y".

We went through a good part of the alphabet of places before I was finally given something to help control it. The best way to describe the pain is like a really bad tooth ache combined with something trying to burst out of your joints. The movie "Aliens" comes to mind.

I stll get woken up from the pain and it takes forever for the meds to kick in but it is sort of easing somewhat. Discovered I need to shift the times when i take the pills so they last through the night. Last night was not a pleasant experience.. We found place H (the hips) and place K (the knees) along with the usual fingers (F?). Not good last night at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment