Saturday, April 2, 2011

Getting the news - or how a nurse should be fired

On April 30th, my wife and I went in for the results of my bone marrow test.

While waiting for the doctor, the nurse took vitals. This includes weight, blood pressure and other stuff. Interestingly the nurse mentions that they need to keep close track of the weight because I will be getting chemo. Niiiiice.. I am informed I have cancer by a careless comment.

My wife and I caught the comment immediately and looked at each other. Well I guess that settles that.

On the upside, we got to stew on that for about half an hour while we waited for the doctor to come in.

Can we say wired for sound at this point?

2 comments:

  1. you have got to be kidding Andy!! I hope you said something!! she should be fired for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned it as soon as the doctor came in. He essentially did a palm to face thing. Don't know what the fall-out of it will be but I am sure something will happen. Having to get the news is hard enough, getting it as an off-hand comment from a nurse is inappropriate at best.

    ReplyDelete