Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ECP infusions discontinued - a new trial is being investigated

After meeting with my doctor at Dana Farber, it was decided that the ECP infusions are really not helping so new avenues should be explored.

We are looking to start a new trial called Phase I Trial of Regulatory T-Cells plus low dose interleukin-2 for steroid refractory chronic graft versus host disease.

This process starts by locating my original donor to have cells extracted.

This will then be used as a basis for a shot I will take daily.

Side effects of the shot will be some redness or soreness around the shot area but otherwise do not sound too bad.

The idea of the process is that it will provide the appropriate response to the system to reverse inflammation from the GVHD.

Assuming the donor cooperates, I should be able to begin this process in about a month.

If not, there are other trials I can be a part of.

We will address that should the issue come up but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I was given a rather large information packet to go over so I am still learning about this.

Hope this helps.

The daily pain is sincerely getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment