Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dana Farber visit - doing very well on all fronts


More good news from my latest Dana Farber visit.

Red blood cell coujnt is 4.63 in a range from 4.2 to 5.6.

Platelets are 220 in a range of 155 to 410.

White blood cell count is high at 20.4 in a range of 3.8 to 9.2 due to the steroids but that will balance out as the dosages decrease

Speaking of dosage decreasing, I can now drop my prednisone dosage down to two tablets a day as of now.

This will help in alleviating the bloating and allow me to start losing weight for a change.

I  got a series of vaccines today and I was told I can ditch wearing a mask and gloves everywhere.

I still need to be smart about it, purell or washing hands frequently and no handshaking for instance.

Next appointment will be on the morning of September 11th.







No comments:

Post a Comment