Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dana Farber visit not exactly what I had hoped

My blood levels (red, white, platelet) continue to improve but there is bad news.

I have the beginnings of GVHD which accounts for the skin sores/rashes all over plus excima like cracking on finger tips.

I was supposed to go off my tacrolimus (anti rejection drug) today but that is delayed now. 

New meds, a steroid cream and tacrolimus cream, are being introduced to help. 
 
I was also informed to expect arthritic symptoms across all joints.
 
Something to look forward to I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes as you get through that! Anything involving "all joints" doesn't sound terribly enjoyable, so here's hoping it's mild and brief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eddie.

    Like everything else, I take it one step and one day at a time.

    I'll be sure to ask for something to help head it off if the pain gets too bad.

    ReplyDelete