Thursday, June 23, 2011

Guess things are really low

When the RN went over the procedures and processes, it was mentioned that two leads would be inserted in the  chest.

These leads will have multiple channels for feeding, the various meds, and so on.

What is interesting is that my levels are so low, I will need a platelet transfusion prior to getting them put in.

I knew they were really low but wow.

I was also told that the anti-rejection drugs are going to play havoc with my head.

For the first couple weeks, something so simple as tying a shoe will be a pretty intense thing.

Guess this means I can read a book then pick it up again like I never read it. Cool!

Was really hoping to leverage the downtime to read manuals and otherwise catch-up but the brain will be checked out.

Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. your down time, sweetie, should be on focusing on getting better..don't worry about reading; you'll find the time for that after you're home probably..maybe..who know's? maybe you'll be the exception to the rule and feel okay in the head enough to read :)

    ReplyDelete